Before your appointment, you will want to ensure the following:
- Exfoliate the skin a minimum of 2 days before your appointment. Do not exfoliate the day before, the day of or the day after.
- Do not moisturize by putting creams or lotions on the area that will be receiving treatment.
- Do not apply deodorant if getting underarms sugared.
- For best results, hair should be at least a 1/4 of an inch long.
If you currently…
- Razor/Shave – Allow at least 10-14 days of regrowth before getting sugared.
- Wax – Allow 4 weeks of regrowth before getting sugared.
- Sugar – 4-6 weeks of regrowth.
We recommend that men bring a clean cotton t-shirt and gym shorts if having their back, chest or legs sugared.
- Do not apply any scented lotions or creams
- Do not exfoliate the skin for 48 hours after treatment
- Deodorant (if you had underarms sugared)
- Heat (including saunas, steam rooms and hot yoga studios)
- Direct sunlight, tanning beds and infrared lamps
- Working out (skip the gym for the day)
- Make-up (if you had face sugared)
- Touching, scratching or rubbing the treated area
It is very important to exfoliate and hydrate your skin. Start exfoliating the skin 2 days after the sugaring treatment every 2-3 days. To exfoliate you can use a bristle body brush or nylon glove and move in a circular motion. For the more sensitive areas like the bikini or Brazilian use a coffee or sugar scrub. In order to keep skin hydrated, make sure to moisturize with a lotion or cream that is all natural.
Do not use a razor to remove hairs in between appointments. This defeats the purpose of and decreases the benefits of body sugaring.